Wednesday, October 12, 2011

cotton musings

I have been knitting an inordinate number of dishcloths recently. This means that periodically, I'll do pictures of too many dishcloths :-) Boring post, but hey, it gives me something to put here :P

Working on the bee stitch cloth.
Camille occasionally will come to supervise my knitting (or reading, or video game playing, or movie watching).  It is rare that she allows me to photograph her.

The nose.
You've seen this crochet pattern before.  It is a fish.

Holes up the middle!
The reverse miter dishcloth was kind of interesting to see how this cloth was so oddly shaped but became rather more square after blocking.  (pattern)

Pink camo!
The ladder stitch was an interesting one to crochet.  It involves making largeish loops every other row and then crocheting into the row the loops come from.  Or something. (pattern)

Not quite stripes.
I made the clover tweed cloth mostly while hanging out at Starbucks with a friend.  Simple and nifty looking.  I probably should have chosen two colors with a bit more contrast though.  (pattern)

The border stitch is the same as what made up the body of the cloth, just oriented differently.  Kind of neat looking.
This was a tricky cloth to crochet.  Or at least, it was for me.  It involves multiple stitches in one stitch - hard on my wrist.  I have no idea if I did it right around the outside either.  However, it is fairly attractive.  I guess each bit of the pattern is supposed to look like a tulip? (pattern)

There will be more of these in a couple weeks, I expect.  But this is probably enough to go on for now :-)

(edited to add: I did not in fact intend to do all the knit pictures down one side and all the crochet pictures down the other... worked out that way because that was the order the photos uploaded in, and then I couldn't put them all on the same side cos then the layout got really cranky. Kind of neat that it happened that way though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment