Thursday, November 10, 2011

Home

When I got home last night, I noticed three things:

- I'm pretty darn sure I made my bed prior to leaving, and it was, uh, no longer made. The cats like to crawl under the covers, so it was probably their fault.

- There was a former ball of yarn that stretched, in clumps, from the front door to the back of the bedroom. Don't think that was there before I left either.

- The apartment smelled like stale cat litter. I suppose this is a consequence of keeping an apartment closed up for roughly three weeks.

Oh, and they acted like they were starving (however, I'd had both a voicemail and a note from my petsitter assuring me that this was unlikely to be the case).

It appears that leaving an apartment large under the care of three cats for three weeks is a possibly hazardous thing to do. I chose to more or less ignore these things and went to bed.

This morning, I started my day off with a mug of hot chocolate, opened windows and doors (I hope it gets warmter today!), a load of laundry, then, after the essentials of checking email and facebook, gathered up the yarn. Nicki in particular was interested in this process. This ball will have to be turned into a hank and washed at some point - it appears to be covered in cat hair and dirt - but at least it is now contained.

The view off the balcony yesterday

Stopped at the beach on the way home. 

Driving home yesterday - beautiful moon

No comments:

Post a Comment