Friday, January 20, 2012

catchup

Well.  Since I procrastinated so hard on finishing the road trip blogs, I more or less failed to make any new posts between then and now.  Stuff has happened.  Knitting.  Thanksgiving.  Christmas.   New Year's.  Sending my cats to France.  I think this is where I post a whole bunch of pictures and pretend that I wrote some fun, interesting posts.


11 pounds of Thanksgiving turkey goodness.

Thanksgiving pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting.

Finished shawl!  There is a reason that you want  to block things after knitting them.

I think were were making waffles after Thanksgiving.  The dark yellow yolk is from an egg from the Japanese grocery store.  They like darker yolks in Japan.

Edge of shawl after blocking.  Much better this way.

Totally cool dishcloth.

Nicki likes to help with knitting.

Christmas dessert.  Flourless chocolate cake, fruit roll cake, chocolate roll cake, cassis mousse cake.

Fun sock pattern with gorgeous dark bluepurple yarn.

There are, in fact, three cats on the bed.  Well, two on the bed and one in the bed.

My mother saw a fairly short, blue scarf I made, liked the lace pattern, but wanted it to be simpler and white.  This yarn is called "Sublime" and it is...

These would be the socks this blog is named after.  I ran out of yarn before I quite managed to finish the second sock, so they got put on hold for a while until I got around to buying more matching yarn so I could finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment