Wednesday, March 1, 2017

musée marmottan

(post written in July 2018 as I sort through old photos and discover I never finished the Paris trip).

I mysteriously have almost no photos of this day. I think maybe I decided to just look at things and not photograph it all? Based on a couple of blurry pictures, it looks like we went to the Musée Marmottan Monet.

They have a bit of an eclectic collection - medieval illuminated letters (most of which look to have been cut out of larger pages, which is too bad), the personal collection of art, furniture, decor of Mr Maromottan (in whose house the museum is located), various impressionist works, as well as a collection of Monet pieces that had been kept in the family - the feel of these pieces is a bit different from what one often sees in more famous works. Luckily for me, the website of the museum has many photos of the artwork on display, so it's ok that I didn't take pictures.

The only photo I have from the interior of the museum.
They also had a Pisarro exhibit, which was really interesting, though crowded (we were in the last days of the exhibit).

That is also the day we went to Les Halles and stopped at Muji.


No comments:

Post a Comment