Monday, July 16, 2012

More organ pictures

Since I had to be kind of choosy about the pictures I shared in Robin McKinley's guest blog post (part three is here), I'm putting up some of the less good (or less relevant) photos here.  A few may be duplicates of photos already posted, but in higher resolution.



Many of the historic buildings and fountains and things in Toulouse have a plaque very much like this on/near them..  They are in French and Catalan (the local traditional language).







The galleries, from below.


Underside of organ loft.

The stairs to the organ loft are inside this.

Organ from the galleries.




View from organ loft




The mysteries of keys that play themselves ;-)









Small pipes from above.

Bottoms of wood pipes.


Leaving the organ loft...

A street just around the corner from the church.

What we did after.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. That would actually be Occitan! Catalan is the subvariety of spanish in northern Spain/Andorra.
    (No, I am not a rav stalker, why do you ask?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're right, it is Occitan - I learned that after I'd written this post. However, a Spaniard I know who speaks Catalan says that it's a lot more like French with a Spanish accent than it is like Spanish; best as I can make out, Occitan is the parent language to most of the northeastern Spain - Southern France - almost to Nice languages. Need to learn more about all this.

    ReplyDelete